Are you new to the world of Fantasy Premier League? We have the perfect FAQ for you.
This is a mid-season edition of a previous article.
Is there any point in joining the game now?
FF Titans: YES
You would have no chance of beating any of your mates in terms of points accumulated over the course of a season but private leagues can easily be set to start score counting from any Game Week. Also, your new team is still eligible for Monthly and Weekly awards in the Official realm (not that it is easy to win).
Do I have to make transfers every week?
FF Titans: Well, not every week, no. You do get one Free Transfer (FT) every week but the maximum number of FTs you can accumulate at any one time is two. Suffice to say, if you already have two FTs for that week and you do not make a transfer that week, you will continue to have two the next week, not three. Any transfers you make above your FT for that game week will cost you a hit of -4 to your overall FPL pts – however, always use the -4 hit wisely.
As a broad strategy, we do not make transfers for the sake of making them. If you utilise a FT to bring someone in for that GW, make sure you play him. If we are on one FT for the week and are generally okay with the first XI, we will keep the FT so that we have two the next week.
When do I use the Wildcard?
FF Titans: : Here is the FAQ lifted off the official page:
- A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. Playing a wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.
- You play a wildcard when you want to make multiple changes to your team, for example Gameweeks when teams are playing more than once, or when your team is underperforming or has a lot of injuries.
- When using a wildcard, you must remain within your current budget. There is no unlimited budget when using a wildcard
- The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before Sat 28 Dec 22:00) and once in the second half of the season. (At this stage only ONE wildcard is available)
- Wildcards are played on the transfers page but aren’t active until you have confirmed the transfers.
To keep things very simple, use the wildcard when you feel the desire to change 4-5 players in your team. There is no right time to use a wildcard but always plan ahead of time.
What is considered a good score in a game week?
FF Titans: This really boils down to expectations but broadly speaking, any game week score above the average is considered decent. Don’t forget that there are current 6.4m players in the game from over the globe and this number is growing. Over the course of 38 game weeks, if you can finish in the top 1% (~72,000) it would be considered superb by any standards, Newbie or otherwise.
What is a double game week?
FF Titans: GW24 is the first double game week of the FPL season, In a nutshell, it means that there would be teams who would play more than one game in the particular game week. It gives managers a unique opportunity to beef their squads up to capitalise. We have you covered here.
The next double game week is projected to be around GW33 or GW35.
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on