Game Week 24 marks the first Double Game Week of the FPL season and it certainly presents the opportunity for managers to look at their chips. We will look in depth at those options later on, for now we look at some of the Liverpool / West Ham assets to transfer in.
- Liverpool plays Wolves away on Thursday, 23 Jan before hosting West Ham on Wednesday, 29 Jan.
- West Ham plays two away games, first at Leicester on Wednesday 22 Jan then at Anfield.
- The FA Cup fourth round is sandwiched between these fixtures,
- West Ham plays WBA at home
- Liverpool (Liverpool youth probably) plays away at either Bristol City or Shrewsbury Town.
8) Sébastien Haller (WHU | FWD | 7.0)
The West Ham forward blows hot and cold and averages about a goal every 3 games. Good option to have as a forward for GW23-25. West Ham plays Everton at home on GW23 and Brighton at home on GW25.
7) Mark Noble (WHU| MID | 5.0)
Noble is a certain starter and takes penalties.
6) Sadio Mane (LIV | MID | 12.4)
This is no disrespect to Senegalese but like Salah, his price can put off managers whom do not already have him in the team.
5) Aaron Creswell (WHU | DEF | 4.7)
West Ham is not likely to keep clean sheets over these two games but Cresswell is a certain starter, has attacking flair and has already scored 3 goals (most among West Ham defenders). He is also affordable and need little maneuvering to have him in.
4) Andrew Robertson (LIV | DEF | 7.0)
The Scottish left-back appears to be overshadowed by TAA but with 1 goal and 6 assists, this is by no means a poor season. He is as attacking as TAA and priced slightly cheaper. Also, the Reds are on a clean sheet run.
3) Roberto Firmino (LIV | FWD | 9.3)
The real surprise is why only ~10% of the managers own Firmino. He is 20% cheaper than Mane and Salah and has already scored 7 goals. A superb differential to have.
2) Joe Gomez (LIV | DEF | 5.2)
Here’s a stat for you – Gomez have 6 clean sheets in the 7 games in which he has started. After a shaky start to the season, the Englishman has really matured as van Dijk’s partner. He is also available at a cut-price and is a good to have for the double game weeks. He is not likely to be in the scoring charts but remember – 180mins of gameplay and 2 clean sheets already gives 12pts.
1) Trent Alexander-Arnold (LIV | DEF | 7.5)
Having TAA is your team is like having an attacking winger who also earn points from clean sheets. He takes set-pieces and spends most of his time camping in the opponent half. 2 goals and 10 assists are testament to his abilities, a must have as a DGW asset.
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on