Some managers have been thinking about playing the wildcard to stop their slump in FPL. For Gameweek 26, we select a wildcard team. Other than form and fixtures, some considerations we have are which teams have a blank fixture in Gameweek 28 (due to the League Cup final) and which teams have a confirmed fixture in Gameweek 31 (which will have some blank fixtures due to the FA Cup quarter final)
Teams with blank fixture in Gameweek 28
Aston Villa vs Sheffield United
Manchester City vs Arsenal
Teams with confirmed fixture in Gameweek 31
Burnley vs Watford
Wolves vs Bournemouth
- Henderson (SHU, 5.1m, TSB 14.8%) – BOU, BHA, Blank, NOR, @NEW
The goalkeeper with the highest points total, he has 3 favourable home fixtures in his next 5 games.
- Pope (BUR, 4.6m, TSB 14.5%) – @SOU, BOU, @NEW, TOT, @MCI
As Henderson has a blank in Gameweek 28, Pope will be an able replacement for that gameweek. He also has a confirmed fixture in Gameweek 31 against Watford, as both teams are out of the FA Cup.
- TAA (LIV, 7.6m, TSB 43.2%) – @NOR, WHU, @WAT, BOU, @EVE
With 2 goals and 12 assists, he is a must have.
- VVD (LIV, 6.5m, TSB 44.4%) – @NOR, WHU, @WAT, BOU, @EVE
Among the Liverpool defenders, he looks the most assured of starting every game.
- Baldock (SHU, 5.1m, TSB 35.2%) – BOU, BHA, Blank, NOR, @NEW
Other than Liverpool, the other team who has looked defensively sound this season is Sheffield United.
- Lascelles (NEW, 4.2m, TSB 3.3%) – @ARS, @PAL, BUR, @SOU, SHU
At 4.2m, he is a bargain buy for a Newcastle defence which has been good defensively at home.
- Stephens (SOU, 4.4m, TSB 12.0%) – BUR, AST, @WHU, NEW, @NOR
Southampton has a good run of fixtures and he looks a threat during set pieces.
- Salah (LIV, 12.7m, TSB 43.0%) – @NOR, WHU, @WAT, BOU, @EVE
With Mane’s injury, he is the first name when you think of Liverpool attackers. Moreover, he is on penalty duties.
- KDB (MCI, 10.7m, 53.3%) – WHU, @LEI, Blank, @MUN, BUR
The most owned player in the league, he is another must have with 7 goals and 17 assists.
- Redmond (SOU, 6.2m, TSB 1.0%) – BUR, AST, @WHU, NEW, @NOR
At 1.0% ownership, we think he is a great differential to choose on a wildcard.
- Grealish (AST, 6.7m, TSB 25.5%) – TOT, @SOU, Blank, @LEI, CHE
He is the talisman for a Villa side that is fighting for survival. His next 2 fixtures are decent and may look to move him on in Gameweek 28.
- Hayden (NEW, 4.2m, TSB 3.3%) – @ARS, @PAL, BUR, @SOU, SHU
At 4.3m, he is another bargain buy from the Newcastle team.
- Ings (SOU, 7.0m, TSB 28.6%) – BUR, AST, @WHU, NEW, @NOR
He was very lively against Liverpool and his upcoming fixtures warrant his selection.
- Jimenez (WOL, 7.7m, TSB 24.5%) – LEI, NOR, @TOT, BHA, @WHU
His goal involvement of 17 (11 goals and 6 assists) is only matched or bettered by 5 other forwards. Vardy 24 (17 goals and 6 assists), Aguero 20 (16 goals and 4 assists), Rashford 19 (14 goals and 5 assists) and Abraham (13 goals and 5 assists).
- Aubameyang (ARS, 10.8m, TSB 25.6%) – NEW, EVE, Blank, WHU, @BHA,
It was a tough choice between him and Aguero for the premium forward slot. He gets the nod with his next 3 upcoming home fixtures.
This team would require 103.6m if you are buying all the players at their current price.
If you don’t have the budget, you can consider Firmino (LIV, 9.7m, TSB 18.8%) instead of Aubamyang (ARS, 10.8m, TSB 25.6%) and Soyuncu (LEI, 5.0m, TSB 16.3%) instead of VVD (LIV, 6.5m, TSB 44.4%).
That’s all and good luck for FPL Gameweek 26!
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23
If you like what you read, don’t visit us
- FPL Shop
- Telegram —> https://t.me/FFtitan
- Our newest platform partners are allaboutfpl