FPL Corners and Free Kicks
VAR technology has taken the EPL by storm in the opening 5 weeks and that has seen a record number of free-kicks and penalties being given easily with the help of the new technology.
Not everyone is a fan of this.
We had previously analyzed FPL penalty takers.
Up to GW05:
- A total of 29 penalties had been awarded in 38 games
- 25 kicks were converted and 4 were missed
- Conversion rate is 86%
- Vardy is the most prolific with 5 goals from 5 penalty attempts
Free-kicks and Corners
We will focus on the important free kick and corner takers for the rest of this piece.
The list below contains every team’s updated list of set piece takers as of GW05.
|Team||Free Kicks||Corners||Aerial Threats|
|Arsenal||Willian, Pepe, Luiz||Willian, Saka, Pepe||Luiz, Lacazette, Gabriel|
|Aston Villa||Hourihane, Targett, Grealish||McGinn, Hourihane, Grealish||Konsa, Mings|
|Brighton||Mac Allister, Groß, Dunk||March, Trossard, Groß||Dunk, Webster, Maupay|
|Burnley||Westwood, McNeil, Brownhill||Westwood, McNeil, Gudmundsson||Wood, Mee, Rodriguez|
|Chelsea||Ziyech, Chilwell, Alonso||Chilwell, Ziyech, Mount, James||Zouma, Abraham, Giroud|
|Crystal Palace||Milivojevic, Van Aanholt, Townsend||Townsend, McCarthy, Milivojevic||Cahill, Kouyaté|
|Everton||Digne, Rodriguez, Sigurdsson||Rodriguez, Digne, Sigurdsson||Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Mina|
|Fulham||Bryan, Kebano, Cairney||Cavaleiro, Cairney, Bryan||Mitrovic, Hector|
|Leeds United||Phillips, Harrison, Hernandez||Phillips, Hernandez||Bamford, Cooper|
|Leicester City||Maddison, Tielemans||Maddison, Tielemans||Evans, Vardy, Söyüncü|
|Liverpool||Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Fabinho||Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Salah||Van Dijk, Firmino, Matip|
|Manchester City||De Bruyne, Mahrez||De Bruyne, Mahrez||Ake, Fernandinho|
|Manchester United||Fernandes, Rashford, Mata||Fernandes, Shaw, Mata||Maguire, Pogba, Bailly|
|Newcastle United||Shelvey, Ritchie||Shelvey, Fraser, Ritchie||Joelinton, Carroll|
|Sheffield United||Norwood, Lundstram||Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram||McBurnie, Egan|
|Southampton||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand||Ward-Prowse, Bertrand||Vestergaard, Ings, Long|
|Tottenham Hotspur||Son, Bale, Lo Celso||Son, Lo Celso||Alderweireld, Kane, Sanchez|
|West Bromwich Albion||Pereira, Phillips||Pereira, Phillips||Ajayi, Robson-Kanu, Bartley|
|West Ham United||Cresswell, Bowen||Cresswell, Bowen, Yarmolenko||Antonio, Haller, Diop|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers||Neves, Moutinho, Neto||Moutinho, Neto||Boly, Saiss, Dendoncker|
As of GW05, the team with the most corners awarded are Liverpool with 39 (average 7.8 per game).
In second place, it’s Leicester with 31 and a tie in third place with Brighton and Chelsea both having been awarded 27 corners thus far.Teams with the most corners
Players with the most corners
- Youri Tielemans (LEI|6.4) leads the corners taken table with 27 although he is yet to assist from a corner this season.
- Andy Robertson (LIV|7.1) has taken 23 corners with 1 assist from a corner on the opening day of the Premier League against Leeds.
Teams with the most free kicks (Direct & Indirect)
- Everton have been awarded the most free kicks with 33 this season from which 2 have been converted.
- West Ham have also benefited from being awarded the second most amount of free kicks with 27. They converted 1 of those free kicks against Tottenham when Aaron Cresswell put in a cross from an indirect free kick for Fabian Balbuena to head home.
Best player for set piece assists
James Rodriguez (EVE|8.0) has had 3 assists to his name this season so far and all 3 have come from set pieces.
With the many aerial threats such as Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Richarlison and Dominc Calvert-Lewin, it’s easy to see why James’ set piece crosses are so effective.
Join our league
Find us on