UCL Fantasy MD2 Review
Life comes at you thick and fast, especially with the Champions League which we are concentrating on this season and going forward.
We will try to pick the meat from the bones and try to come up with conclusions and look ahead to what our Fantasy teams can do going forward. So, without further ado, here we go!
GOALS, GOALS, GOALS
Much like the Premier League and Fantasy Premier League game, the Champions League and Fantasy game, has goals and points galore for us managers. Across just the games on Tuesday, there were 25 goals scored, only Shakthar Donetsk and Inter Milan played out a 0-0 draw, the rest of the teams scored plenty of goals.
Wednesday was no different, plenty of goals for both the home and away sides with only one draw. Ferencvaros and Dynamo Kiev would play out a 2-2 draw and leave us all wondering who to pick for our Fantasy sides.
MIDFIELD IS WHERE IT’S AT
Again, just like the the Fantasy Premier League game from a season ago, this week the points came from the midfield for the majority of teams.
- Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich made the difference for FC Bayern Munich against Lokomotiv Moscow
- Ilkay Gundogan and Raheem Sterling, which many a Premier League fan will know all about, eased Manchester City over the line against Marseille.
- Moving onto Wednesday and for Chelsea against Krasnodar, Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi helped seal victory for the Londoners.
- Luuk de Jong secured victory for Sevilla against Rennes in what looks to be a hard fought 1-0 win.
- Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland made the difference for Dortmund, who secured their first three points against Zenit St Petersburg.
- Marcus Rashford scored a stunning hattrick for Manchester Utd from the bench and is MD2 top points scorer.
The biggest conclusion we are taking from this is, these teams play each other again this upcoming week (MD3). We therefore, would like to put forward that you keep the players you have, or if needed make your transfers and play for example, your limitless chips and make the most of the round.
Could we see these kind of results, e.g. Manchester United beating RB Leipzig 5-0 again, perhaps not. I though, believe that these players will perform again this upcoming week, like they did the week just gone.
So, pick them for your Fantasy teams and make the most of the Fantasy points that you get.
Article by: Aaron Boyse
Join our leagues
Find us on