UCL Fantasy MD3 Limitless Wildcard
We are honoured this week to have Jelle Godefroy guest contribute the below picks for us. Jelle is currently 14th in the overall rankings (202 points) in UCL fantasy. He started with a boom with 97 points in MD1 and 105 points in MD2 (used Limitless Wildcard).
He is active on Twitter as FPL Babyfart Mc Geezax.
For more details about the Limitless Wildcard (which is different from any FPL Chip), do read up here!
Hi all – I am Jelle Godefroy. I live in Utrecht, a city near Amsterdam.
I have been crazy about football all my life. When I am not playing football, I am coaching it. When I am not coaching it, I am watching it. And when I am watching it, I play Fantasy football games.
I have already utilised my LWC on MD2 but this Match Day I will make my picks in case you fancy using it now.
Players playing on Tuesday are in blue and those playing on Wednesday in red. Remember to use your manual substitutions wisely.
- Ederson (MC) Plays a home game against Olympiakos. He has a good chance of a clean sheet and also has a pretty decent penalty saving record. Fun fact: Ederson actually holds a Guinness World Record for the longest distance from kicking a dead ball.
- Mendy (CHE) If Ederson fails to get you points you have a second chance on Wednesday. Chelsea hosts Rennes and already have 2 clean sheets this campaign. Mendy is of course on great form since joining … from Rennes this summer.
- Kimmich (BAY) is the first player I will select. Pretty crazy that the game still assigns him as defender, because he is one of the best midfielders in the world right now. With a goal an assist and a clean sheet this man is a must have.
- Lodi (ATL) In an always solid Atletico defence there’s a great chance of a clean sheet against a pretty weak Lokomotiv Moscow. With his wand of a left-foot he can always get you an attacking return. A toss-up between him and Trippier but Lodi has a slight attacking edge to his game.
- Robertson (LIV) is one of the most attacking wing-backs in the game right now. Takes a lot of set-pieces from the left side and scores an occasional goal. Liverpool are not great at keeping clean sheets in the Premier League this term but have yet to concede in the Champions League
- Ramos (RM) plays Tuesday at home against a Inter Milan side without the injured Lukaku. Real Madrid need to get a win here and Inter are struggling. Even if Real Madrid do not get the clean sheet, he always is an attacking threat and takes all of his side’s penalties.
- Dest (BAR) is having an an amazing start at Barcelona. Very attacking and plays at home against Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday.
- Sterling (MC) is a handful for every defender in the world. Will be playing with a fit de Bruyne behind him. Had a goal and assist last week.
- de Bruyne (MC) is the best number 10 in the world right now. Every City attack goes via him and City should get at least a couple of goals against Olympiakos.
- Fernandes (MU) is always looking to pass the ball forward. Is on set-pieces and plays Istanbul Basaksehir, one of the weakest teams in the CL this season.
- Rashford (MU) scored an 18 minute hattrick last week and playing in front of Bruno, Marcus is a no brainer for me since they play a hapless Istanbul Basaksehir side at home.
- Fati (BAR) is one of the greatest talents of this generation. At home against Dynamo Kyv there is a good chance he can give you a big and explosive return.
- Lewandowski (BAY) may have blanked the first two games of this campaign but he will continue to have my vote of confidence. He did already score 10 goals this season in Bundesliga and leads the Golden Boot race. Also he was fully rested this weekend, so we should see a good performance on Tuesday in Salzburg.
- Messi (BAR) is the quite possibly the greatest player of game ever. He would be overly expensive but with the LWC there is every reason you should pick him.
- Ronaldo (JUV) is back. He has been fully rested and is now ever hungry for action. Juventus plays Ferencvaros, who have already leaked seven goals in two games – the perfect kind of opponents for Ronaldo to do his magic.
Join our leagues
Find us on