UCL Fantasy MD4 Budget Picks
MD4 of UEFA Champions League returns on 25 November. At time of writing, the International games are still ongoing but there have already been confirmations of several injuries. We take an early look at some top budget picks at different positions. These picks have the potential to be in you team for the rest of the Group Stages.
The colour code indicates the different match days which the players play.
- Chelsea’s Edouard Mendy (5.1) is the currently top scoring GK in UCL Fantasy with 19 points and he has yet to concede. He remains a top pick for the rest of the Group Stages, given that Chelsea are not in a tough Group.
- Marco Sportiello (4.5) of Atalanta can compliment Mendy well. They play on different match days and after Atalanta’s visit to Anfield on MD4, they do have two comfortable games against Midtjylland and Ajax.
Kimmich and Alexander-Arnold are now the game’s most expensive defenders at 6.6. They have of course done reasonably well, with 31pts and 28pts respectively. However, Alexander-Arnold is out until December and expected to miss at least 2 Champions League games.
- Borussia Dortmund’s Thomas Meunier (5.0) is a solid pick at his price point. Dortmund have kept two clean sheets in their 3 games and play Club Brugge at home on MD4.
- Chancel Mbema (4.5) of Porto is a top budget pick. The ex-Newcastle man is a regular at Porto, who has kept two clean sheets in their three games to date. Porto have two away games at Marseille and Olympiacos and a home game against Man City.
This is one area which many of the expensive players have faltered. Salah (11.5) and De Bruyne (11.5) are doing OK with 27pts and 20pts but other players near this price bracket are struggling – Sancho (10), Gnarby (2) and Hazard (3).
- Real Madrid’s Casemiro (6.2) is a good pick at his price. Typically managers shun defensive midfielders in fantasy selection but in UCL Fantasy, players earn points from recoveries and Casemiro has 31 recoveries from 3 games – third in the charts. Real have not started their campaign ideally and will need more wins to secure qualification so expect stronger performances from Casemiro
- It is very hard to ignore Liverpool’s Diogo Jota (7.5) now. He has already scored 4 times in the Champions League and with Salah out of contention for a fortnight, Jota look set to keep his place in Liverpool’s attack. The Reds have two home games coming up – against Atalanta and Ajax.
The game started with 3 forwards at the 12.0 price bracket and only Lionel Messi has delivered. Ronaldo missed the first two Group games while Lewandowski has only scored twice so far, a low return by his ridiculously high standards. Elsewhere, PSG’s expensive players Neymar (11.5) and Mbappe (11.0) are underperforming with 5pts and 10pts respectively.
- Salzburg’s Berisha (7.0) has the potential to be a differential budget forward. This is the German’s first Champions League campaign and he has 1 goal and 2 assists. His goal was against Bayern Munich on MD3. Salzburg have scored two games in each of their games to date and Berisha can be a useful forward for you to save cash for other big guns.
- Borussia Monchengladbach’s Marcus Thuram (8.6) was highlighted as a player to watch previously by UCL Fantasy Goal and he has excelled so far with 2 goals and an assist. They play Shakhtar Donetsk at home next, a team they trounced 6-0 on MD3.
Become a Fantasy Football Scout member by using this link!
Join our leagues
Find us on