UCL Fantasy MD8 Preview
The second leg of the UCL Last 16 make up MD8 of UCL Fantasy and we preview each tie.
UCL Fantasy MD8 Preview
Juventus v Porto (Porto lead 2-1)
This tie remain fairly open, with Chiesa’s late away goal keep Juventus very much still in the running. A 1-0 win in Turin would suffice for the home side, who is expected to attack. We can expect both sides to field their strongest team possible.
- Chiesa (7.1) remains a good pick for the second leg, as well as Morata (9.0) and of course the talisman Ronaldo (12.1), if you can afford in your team.
- For Porto, they have been defensively solid throughout this campaign but we do not expect them to keep a clean sheet here.
Dortmund v Sevilla (Dortmund lead 3-2)
It will be uphill for Sevilla to overcome three away goals – they have to score at least twice without conceding. However, Dortmund is unlikely to make any changes to their strongest side and expected to attack Sevilla.
- Haaland (11.1) was the top scorer on MD7 and will remain our top pick this gameweek. Captain him on the first day (10 Mar). Hummels (5.3) is another option to have – he always hauls with his recoveries (62 to date)
- For Sevilla, their defenders would be risky this MD, but I believe En-Nesyri (7.5) and Gomez (8.5) are two attacking assets to consider as the Spaniards really need to push forward.
Liverpool vs RB Leipzig (Liverpool lead 2-0)
Liverpool were somewhat comfortable in their first leg win but is not expected to make too many changes given their razor-thin squad. They are expected to play their normal game and not make too many errors at the back. Leipzig will need at least 3 goals at Anfield.
- Salah (11.6) already has 4 goals in the UCL to date and always remain a viable option. A potential enabler could be Curtis Jones (5.4), who is very likely to start.
- Angelino (5.6) remain a good option despite his blank on MD7 because of his abilities to go forward. Olmo (6.0) is enjoying a good domestic season with 3 goals and 7 assists but has yet to star in the UCL – he could be an outside pick,
PSG v Barcelona (PSG lead 4-1)
Barcelona need to throw the kitchen sink for the second leg. 4-1 is a huge lead for PSG but Barcelona have been here before and understand that they have enough talent to overturn this.
- I fancy Mbappe (10.9) as there is a chance that Barcelona would be caught while pushing forward. Kean (6.0) is an enabler if you want more cash for your midfield/defence)
- IF Barcelona can mount anything close to a comeback, Messi (12.1) would be behind it. De Jong (6.4) is nicely priced for a midfielder with recoveries.
Man City v Monchengladbach (City lead 2-0)
City was comfortable in the first leg and expected to close this tie with a solid second leg. Given their current form it’s difficult to envision a Monchengladbach comeback.
- Rotation is a risk for City. Ederson (6.0), however, is nailed on and most likely to keep a clean sheet on MD8. Cancelo (5.8) and Dias (5.6) are good City picks, as well as Gundogan (6.6). De Bruyne (11.4) could be a great pick here too, this tie presents a great game for him to get back to full fitness. The good thing here is manual substitutions, should any of your City picks get rested, simply change them out for games on 18 MAR.3
- No one from Monchenglagbach is fancied by us
Real Madrid v Atalanta (Real lead 1-0)
Real won a very tight first leg and is expected to play a tight game in the second leg, where Atalanta must score to keep the fixture alive.
- Courtois (5.9) looks good for a clean sheet again though Real will miss the industry of Casemiro who is suspended.
- No one is close to Romero (5.3) in terms of recoveries (80) and he remain a must have. Djimsiti (5.3) is another defender with alot of recoveries for Atalanta.
Bayern v Lazio (Bayern lead 4-1)
Most should agree that this tie is already over as Lazio would need to score at least 3 goals in Munich to keep the tie alive.
- Kimmich (6.6) blanked on MD7 but it is a well-known fact that he is a listed defender playing in midfield. Musiala (5.2) is a cheap differential pick – the youngster started and scored on MD7 and may start again.
- Immobile (10.9) is usually behind Lazio’s goals but his price tag makes him hard to back.
Chelsea v Atletico (Chelsea lead 1-0)
Chelsea holds a good lead into MD8 but Atletico have the guile and ability to conjure up a comeback in London.
- Giroud (7.7) looks like Chelsea’s go-to for UCL and is very affordable at his price
- Joao Felix (9.0) looks like Atletico’s best bet for goals and Llorente (6.5) can be a surprise match-winner, he had done it before at Anfield this time last season.