UCL Fantasy MD13
MD13 is of course the Final of the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League, featuring two English sides – Chelsea and Manchester City.
UCL Fantasy MD13 – 5 Free Transfers
Quick recap – You can also make five transfers during this window which closes on Saturday 30 May.
For (MD13), you can pick a maximum of eight players from the same club in your squad.
|Phase||Number of free transfers|
|MD7||Before round of 16 1st leg||Unlimited|
|MD8||Before round of 16 2nd leg||3|
|MD9||Before quarter-final 1st leg||5|
|MD10||Before quarter-final 2nd leg||3|
|MD11||Before semi-final 1st leg||5|
|MD12||Before semi-final 2nd leg||3|
- Both sides have never met in European competitions before
- This is City’s second ever European Final, they won the 1970 Cup Winners’ Cup
- This is Chelsea’s 8th European Final, they won the 2019 Europa League
- In the past 10 years, both sides have met 27 times, all in domestic competitions. City have won 14 times; Chelsea 10.
- Chelsea have won 3 of the last 4 meetings in all competitions
- City have kept 8 clean sheets in 12 games in the Champions League
- Only Foden and B.Silva have played in all 12 of City Champions League games
- Mahrez and Torres are top scorers (4 each); De Bruyne tops assists (4)
- Chelsea have kept 7 clean sheets in 12
- Kante is the only Chelsea player to have played in all of Chelsea’s games
- Top scorer for Chelsea is Giroud (6); Havertz tops assists (3)
- Pep Guardiola has faced Chelsea 18 times as a manager, winning 8 and drawing 3.
- Tuchel has faced Man City twice, winning both times
UCL Fantasy Strategy
Suffice to say if you STILL have your chips on this MD, use it up. However with 5 free transfers the both the Wildcard and the Limitless Wildcard are not likely to make any difference.
Ederson should be the standout option over Mendy.
There are some injury concerns with Mendy and all things equal, City are more likely to keep a clean sheet here.
For the first time in 13 Match Days, all the games are played on one calendar day. As such, there is no manual substitution to be used – automatic substitutions will be played for you if any of your first XI did not get a single minute of game time.
This is by far the most important game for both sides this season so surely both will play their strongest teams.
For City, the nailed on players are likely to be Ederson, Dias, Stones, Gundogan, Foden and De Bruyne.
For Chelsea, Mendy (if fit), Azpilicueta, T.Silva, Rudiger, Chilwell, Jorginho and Mount appear to be nailed on.
We believe that De Bruyne will be heavily backed as captain on MD13. This is his most important game of his career to date and he faces an old club.
His fitness has been carefully managed – he has only played 2 games in the whole of May as City have already sealed the title win.
He is a natural choice as he is also the set-piece taker for City.
A differential captain pick from City would be Mahrez.
The Algerian is enjoying a great season at City, especially in the Champions League, where he has 4 goals and 2 assists.
There may be slight concern about his place in the starting lineup but Mahrez has started the last 5 games for City in the Champions League and has been heavily rested in the Premier League in May – suggesting that he will play from the start in the Final.
For UCL Fantasy managers, there are no standout options from the Chelsea camp to captain.
Werner appears to be the best of the lot if the desire is to captain a Chelsea player.
The German has 27 goal involvements in all competitions and scored against Real Madrid on MD12, so is likely to be a strong candidate to start here.
Become a Fantasy Football Scout member by using this link!
Join our Euro 2020 Fantasy League! CODE: 66SW8JU602
Find us on