Euro Fantasy MD5 Wildcard
With Netherlands, Portugal, Croatia and France exiting in the last 16, it has created huge headaches for Euro Fantasy managers.
Many managers had at least several players from both France and Netherlands as they were heavily favoured to progress fixtures. Well, that’s football for you.
Most of the managers have used up their chips, but we, the lucky managers, still have our wildcard or limitless chip with us.
Don’t forget that you can have up to five players from the same nation and the budget is up to 105.0m.
Our wildcard team will work out to 104.4m
Euro Fantasy MD5 Wildcard – Goalkeepers
- Simon (£5.2 | Spain)
- Pickford (£5.7 | England)
Simon may have made a extraordinary error against Croatia, but it did not prove too costly in the end. Spain are still a good side at the back and Simon has my backing for day 1.
England are the only team who haven’t conceded a goal till now making Pickford (£5.7 | England) a good pick for Day 2 of MD5.
- Thomas Meunier (£5.7 | Belgium)
- Spinazola (£5.6 | Italy)
- Laporte (£6.2 | Spain)
- Joakim Maehle (£4.7 | Denmark)
- John Stones (£5.7 | England)
It is difficult to ignore Meunier, who came into the tournament as a backup to Castagne. He is the current highest scoring defender with 1 goal and 2 assists.
Maehle is every Euro Fantasy manager’s dream, scoring 23 points at a affordable price of 4.7m. A must have for MD5.
Stones also make a very good pick as he is nailed on to start for England, who plays Ukraine in Rome.
Elsewhere, Laporte and Spinazola are solid and safe picks, as they are highly owned.
- Pablo Sarabia (£6.7 | Spain)
- Ferran Torres (£8.1 | Spain)
- Shaqiri (£7.4 | Switzerland)
- Raheem Sterling (£9.7 | England)
- Damsgaard (£6.1 | Denmark)
We have opted for a Spanish double in midfield. Both Sarabia and Torres have done well as Spain shrugs off a slow start to their campagin.
Shaqiri is enjoying a great tournament with 2 goals and 1 assist already. He is nicely priced to fit in the rest of the squad and he is nailed on for the Swiss.
Sterling is also enjoying a great competition to date, scoring all but 1 of England’s goals to date.
We round off with Damsgaard who may or may not start for the Danes, but is nicely priced and has good attacking return potential.
- Harry Kane (£11.5 | England)
- Morata (£9.1 | Spain)
- Dolberg (£7.0 | Denmark)
Kane gets our nod as the premium pick. He has opened his account and has a very enticing fixture against Ukraine.
Morata is our fifth Spaniard as we bet on their progress to the semis.
Dolberg rounds off our selection. His two-goal performance on MD4 is likely to earn him a starting spot against the Czechs.
With only 2 Game days, it’s even more important we get our Captaincy decision right.
2 Jul (Fri)
- Lukaku (vs ITA) Always a great option, Lukaku is the one I would pick from #BELITA. With 3 goals this tournament, he’s on fire. Italy will be tough opponents who are rock solid at the back, but if someone can pierce them then it’s Lukaku.
- Torres (v SUI) The match to target this Gameday, Torres has great form; 2 goals & 1 assist so far. He’s looking menacing on the right, bamboozling defences. The Swiss tend to concede, and with Spain scoring 10 in the last 2, I see Torres getting a few involvements.
- Sarabia (v SUI) Likely to continue to get the nod for Spain. He is Spain’s surprise star of the competition.
3 Jul (Sat)
- Mæhle (v CZE) A fantasy manager’s dream, the defender has 2 goals from full back. He loves to go forward and join the attack, playing 14 key passes & 16 chances created
- Sterling (v UKR) My favourite option for the MD, Sterling’s 3 goals have been crucial for England. The winger loves to get in behind, always popping up at the right place. He faces a shaky Ukraine defence, so I can see him scoring a brace, making him a viable option for the armband.
- Kane (UKR) After finally breaking his duck against Germany, Kane is now in my gameplan. His numbers have been poor, but Kane grabs a goal when needed. Ukraine aren’t the most physical at the back, so I see Kane using his body to bring others into play and returning
follow me (@HuntFpl) on Twitter
Join our leagues!
- Classic (code –> qpscj5)
Find us on:
A jolly person who is always obsessed with sports and studies and loves to watch and write on Football .
Best FPL finish – 21K